Friday, June 13, 2008

On Tim Russert...

I never thought my first political blog entry would be thoughts on the passing of Tim Russert. I am a political talk show junkie, and I never missed Meet The Press with Tim hosting. As someone on TV said tonight, he was "as much a part of Sunday mornings as bacon, eggs, and a good cup of coffee."
Any eulogy I could offer would pale in comparison to those by leading journalists and political figures, who knew him personally, that will be offered in the days to come. I can only say this...in these Red State/Blue State days, where political reporting has morphed into polarized political opinion bloviating, I was never able to read Russert's political leaning in the way he conducted his interviews. It is his wonderfully artful neutrality that I will remember most.

I'll miss you, Mr. Russert.

No comments: